CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Soul Mates: Ribs and Hearts

So, as the blog started as a diary of me and my friends it has transformed to a blog on my thoughts on love.

I despise the word soul mate. See God created Eve to be Adam's help mate, and Adam and Eve, as humans, fell in love and Adam coined Eve his wife. And because Adam and Eve messed up that mate stuff by eating the apple, God said a man who FINDS a wife is lucky because he gave up on pairing us together. So, I would be a fool to belief that God is in heaven creating a man just for me. I believe humans come up with the idea of soul mates to justify failed relationships, why things "just won't work," and explain why they are still single. I am tired of hearing those fictional synopsis of a woman being in Paris and meeting her Nigerian King while he is on vacation from London. Our eyes will meet and we'll falll deep in love and he'll give me pretty black babies. That is BULL!!!! The truth is the search for the soul mates leaves us all bittter, because we are alays wondering when is God going to send him/her. Maybe, just maybe God has already sent him to you or you to him, but as our help mate and it is up to make the our "soul mate." But since your meeting of Mr. or Ms. Right didn't involve an a foreign land or eventful story finding forever in the brother/sister at your job. in your class, at your church, etc. seems difficult.
Let us also consider the fact that you can find love and forever in multiple people, just not everyone, but it depends on how much effort you are willing to put in. I believe that their are multiple people we can connect with. Don't get caught up in that soul mate crap. There are PEOPLE out there for you. It is up to the man you meet to call you his soul mate, his forever, his meant to be. Because God sent you a help mate it is up for your future husband to make you his soul mate!!!! Like Adam feel for Eve and claimed her as his, so will my husband. I'm convinced that if I moved to Omaha today or live in DC forever I will find someone whom I'm willing to give my heart, because he will give me his rib!

0 comments: