CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 9, 2007

What's going on?

The YOY has come to a screeching hault!!!! We all have become comfortable with the guys we met or have yet to meet anyone else. I'll give you all a brief rundown: Toothis showed up at my door unannounced, my friend contemplated mailing a book back to a YOY so she wouldn't have to face him, and another friend meet a YOY tried to woe her with bible scriptures hoping that she ignored the fact that he slept on a black metal day bed in the corner of his aunt's daycare. Oh yeah, S is still around. He knew I didn't have groceries, so he brought me juice! I could not tell him we just need to be friends, but the time is coming soon becuase he has been hinting about a relationship.

With the lack of excitement in the YOY, we all want to know where are all the men at?

Despite the lack of excitement, I realize that the YOY gives you confidence and it teaches you how to date again. Although me and my friends are young 20 somethings, we sometimes forget what it means to date. A few of us had been in long relationships that just didn't work, so now jumping back into the dating scene is crazy. When I go out to a club, bookstore, restaurant, or even the metro station, I always look around to see if there are any cute guys around. I am not longer afraid to apporoach a guy that is attractive, and most of the time men are impressed when a woman is bold enough to approach them. So, Although the year is slowing down, I am, and I am sure my friends are, learning so much about dating and myself. I relaized the type of love I want and a few dates and phone calls does not guarantee you a spot in my heart, speed dial, or my bed!

I meet a fine guy on U street yesterday, lets see if he calls!

0 comments: